SOTHEBY’S SUMMER INTERNSHIP 2012 PROGRAMME OVERVIEW
Sotheby’s, the only publicly traded global art auction house, is offering exceptional juniors (rising seniors) the opportunity to participate in a unique paid Summer Internship Programme at our worldwide headquarters in New York City. The mission of the programme is to offer interns the best professional and educational experience possible. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about; the inner workings of an auction house; great rarities and works of art; and potential industry careers.
Interns will be placed in either an art specialist or business department for 8 weeks, from Tuesday, June 12 to Friday, August 3. Additionally, interns will have the opportunity to attend weekly seminars with senior executives within the Company and field trips to museums and galleries.
Founded in 1744, Sotheby’s is one of the best known brand names in the world, with a richhistory of selling extraordinary objects - from masterpieces such as Picasso’s Boy with a Pipe, to the fabled jewels of the Duchess of Windsor, to the archives of Martin Luther King Jr., to T-Rex skeletons. With regional hubs in New York, London, and Hong Kong, Sotheby’s operates in 87 offices spread over 40 countries. We emphasize global teamwork and ethical standards as we strive to achieve the highest quality customer experience for our clients around the world.
Our staff are passionate about their work in the fast paced, challenging, dynamic, and exciting global marketplace for great works of art. If you are interested in learning more about our business, visit our website www.sothebys.com.
- A strong academic record in at least one of the following fields: Fine Arts, Business, Asian Studies, Liberal Arts, Languages
- Leadership and teamwork experience
- Curiosity and passion for learning
- A high emotional IQ and strong communication skills
- Candidates must be entering their senior year of college. High school students, college graduates, and Master students are not eligible for this programme.
- International applicants must already be in possession of valid working papers for the United States. Sotheby’s does not sponsor visas for summer interns.
- Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Candidates must be able to commit to the entirety of the 8-week program – Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm.
To apply to the Sotheby’s Summer Internship Programme, candidates should submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Sotheby’s Application Form (all sections must be completed). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an application form by Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 5:00pm.
All paperwork must be submitted by email to email@example.com by Friday, January 6, 2012 at 5:00pm.
Selected candidates will be invited for a first round interview. Sotheby’s will communicate final decisions to all applicants by Friday, March 9, 2012.