NON-PROFIT CAREER DIGEST: OCTOBER 6, 2011
1. Funding for Unpaid Internships – Deadline for Winter 2012: 10/26/2011 2. Human Rights Campaign Internships 3. Mental Health Internships 4. Joseph Nye, Jr., Development/Donor Outreach Internship 5. ReThink Media Internships for Political/Advocacy Think Tanks & Non-Profit Orgs. 6. American Association of University Women (AAUW) – Multiple Paid Internships 7. Relief International – Multiple Internships 8. Food First – Institute for Food & Development Policy Internships 9. Dartmouth Celebrates 50 Years of Partnership with Peace Corps – 11/15/2011 10. Industry Information: Social Enterprise Associates (articles & resources) 11. Wediko Children's Services Assistant Teacher or Residential Counselor (full-time) 12. Physicians for Human Rights Internships
1. Funding for Unpaid Winter 2012 Internships – October 26th, 2011 The funding deadline for unpaid internships is fast approaching! For more information about funding resources, please visit our website: http://bit.ly/qD6svk
2. HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN (WASHINGTON, D.C.) (ALL TERMS) HRC offers a variety of opportunities, including internships in: Communications & Marketing, Major Gifts, Family Projects, Public Education & Outreach, Religion & Faith, and Website Development. Applications can be submitted on a rolling basis. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/qryA9z
3. MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION OF SAN FRANCISCO (SAN FRANCISCO, CA) (ALL TERMS) Interns can expect to develop pertinent skills that will grow their expertise and understanding of how to promote mental health. MHA-SF is deeply committed to furthering interest and leadership development in the field of mental health. Internships are unpaid. See website for more information regarding applications process (http://www.mha-sf.org/opportunities/internships.cfm).
4. CENTER FOR A NEW AMERICAN SECURITY (WASHINGTON, D.C.)(WINTER/SPRING) - PAID Joseph S. Nye, Jr. Development Internship The Center for a New American Security (CNAS) develops strong, pragmatic and principled national security and defense policies that promote and protect American interests and values. The Joseph S. Nye, Jr. Development Intern works with the Director of Development on donor and prospect outreach, communications and marketing collaterals, tracking and writing proposals and letters, tracking and processing internal fundraising activities. For more information on how to apply, visit: http://bit.ly/cKzAGx
5. RETHINK MEDIA (WASHINGTON, D.C.)(SPRING) - PAID Media & Communications Internships/Fellowships ReThink Media works with the foremost think tanks, foundations, advocacy organizations and groups working in the fields of disarmament, nuclear nonproliferation, conflict prevention, international law, human rights and peace. Rethink Media’s paid Internship and Fellowship programs provide experiences in media and communications, public relations, digital and online communications and journalism with hands-on experience in the field of nonprofit political and advocacy communications. For more information, please visit: http://www.idealist.org/view/internship/b4THn7Z8ZNH4
6. AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF UNIVERSITY WOMEN (WASHINGTON D.C.)(ALL TERMS) - PAID Leadership Programs Intern, Public Policy & Government Intern, Marketing Intern AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. Since 1881, AAUW has been one of the nation's leading voices promoting education and equity for women and girls. AAUW has a nationwide network of more than 100,000 members and donors, 1,000 branches, and 500 college/university institutional partners. For more information on how to apply, please visit: http://www.aauw.org/about/career/aauwjobs.cfm
7. RELIEF INTERNATIONAL (VARIOUS LOCATIONS)(ALL TERMS) Relief International is a humanitarian non-profit agency that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation, development assistance, and program services to vulnerable communities worldwide. Relief International is solely dedicated to reducing human suffering and is non-political and non-sectarian in its mission. For more information on available internships, please visit: http://bit.ly/nX9S4U
8. FOOD FIRST – INSTITUTE FOR FOOD & DEVELOPMENT POLICY (OAKLAND, CA)(ALL TERMS) The purpose of the Institute for Food and Development Policy - Food First - is to eliminate the injustices that cause hunger. Interns work with staff on specific projects for anywhere from 15 to 40 hours per week for a minimum of three months. Interns conduct research and analysis, provide outreach and education, and assist with publications and publicity. For more information on how to apply, visit: http://bit.ly/pqj4IO
9. DARTMOUTH CELEBRATES 50 YEARS OF PARTNERSHIP WITH PEACE CORPS – 11/15/2011 The Dartmouth community is invited to celebrate 50 years of Dartmouth College in extraordinary partnership with the Peace Corps on Nov. 15, 2011. The day will feature time for returned Peace Corps volunteers to get acquainted; a panel of returned Peace Corps volunteers; recognition of Professor John Rassias's work with language teaching and the Peace; a talk by Charley "Doc" Dey, Dean Emeritus of the Tucker Foundation; airing of the new documentary on Dartmouth and the Peace Corps through 50 years; and a culminating reflection and celebratory dinner. Co-sponsored by the Tucker Foundation, the President's Office, the Provost's Office, the Alumni Office, Career Services, the Rockefeller Center, the Dickey Center, Off- Campus Programs, the Rassias Center, and the Dartmouth Centers Forum.
10. INTERESTED IN SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND SOCIAL ENTERPRISE? Keeping up-to-date on current information in fields of interest is an essential part of becoming a desirable candidate for an internship or full-time job. Explore articles and resources in Social Enterprise by visiting: http://socialenterprise.net/publications.html
11. WEDIKO CHILDREN’S SERVICES (WINDSOR, NH)(ENTRY-LEVEL) Assistant Teacher or Residential Counselor Wediko Children's Services is a non-profit organization created to help children at risk. The Wediko School was founded in 1989, and is based on Wediko's therapeutic Summer Program. Wediko's spectrum of psychological and educational approaches encourages self-knowledge, self control and the development of self esteem. The school offers residential, day, and independent living programs for boys between the ages of 6 and 21. Login to DartBoard and select “Job Search” for instructions on how to apply.
12. PHYSICIANS FOR HUMAN RIGHTS INTERNSHIPS (CAMBRIDGE, MA)(SPRING) Asylum Network Internship; Human Rights Research Internship Physicians for Human Rights (PHR) is an independent organization that uses the integrity of medicine and science to stop mass atrocities and severe human rights violations against individuals. For more information regarding Spring 2012 internships, please visit: http://bit.ly/pcGb97