What do I do if an employer tells me that I need to be able to obtain ‘credit’ for an unpaid internship? Academic credit is not available for an internship experience; however, you can ask Career Services to provide the employer with a  'Letter of Support,' coupled with a letter from the Dean of Faculty, explaining that the college is supportive of the educational value of an internship. Oftentimes, this is sufficient for the employer.  If not, be sure to email Dartmouth Career Services at career.services@dartmouth.edu for further advice and strategy.