Every two weeks during the term, we send a short list of environmental career opportunities to all students who have subscribed to receive this information via Dartboard. If you see something you want to share with the list, send an e-mail to Chandlee Bryan. =====================================================
1) Environment America – Environmental Fellowship Program POST-GRAD (2 yr)
2) Green Corps – Environmental Leadership Program POST-GRAD (1 yr) (Nationwide)
3) New York Sun Works – WINTER INTERNSHIP (NY)
4) Smithsonian Environmental Research Center's (SERC) INTERNSHIP PROGRAM (MD)
5) United Nations Environment Programme – WINTER INTERN (DC)
6) Climate Institute – WINTER INTERNSHIP (DC)
7) DOE Science Undergraduate Laboratory INTERNSHIPS (Nationwide)
8) Vermont Institute of Natural Science - INTERNSHIP
9) All Ivy Environmental Career Fair – March 1 (NY)
1) Environment America – Environmental Fellowship Program (2 yr.) (Nation-wide) (POST-GRAD) Environment America is a federation of state-based, citizen-funded environmental advocacy organizations. The two-year Fellowship Program for recent graduates teaches participants to plan and run strategic state and national campaigns. Learn how to identify solutions to critical environmental problems and organize public support for your campaigns. To apply, submit your application through Dartboard by October 7.
2) Green Corps – Environmental Leadership Program (1 Yr) (Nation-wide) Green Corps organizers have built the campaigns that helped keep the Arctic safe from drilling, that led to new laws supporting clean, renewable energy, and convinced major corporations to stop dumping in our oceans. Get hands-on experience fighting to solve urgent environmental problems — global warming, deforestation, water pollution and many others — with groups such as Sierra Club and Food and Water Watch. 35 college graduates from across the U.S. will be selected to participate in this paid program. Apply through Dartboard by October 7.
3) New York Sun Works – Winter Internship (NYC) Implement a hands-on/project based environmental sciences curriculum while using 21st century urban farming technology at a cutting-edge learning environment, the Greenhouse Project Classrooms in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Help Greenhouse Project classroom teachers with daily teaching and system maintenance for facility with features ranging from solar panels and hydroponics to a fish farm and weather station. The position is unpaid but includes a Metro card for transportation. Application deadline to apply for winter deadlines is Friday, October 5.
4) Smithsonian Environmental Research Center's (SERC) Internship Program (MD) Gain hands-on experience in environmental research and education working directly with senior researchers. A National Science Foundation (NSF) designated Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU), projects include terrestrial, atmospheric and estuarine environmental research work. Paid opportunities available throughout the year.
5) The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) – Winter Internship (DC) The United Nations Environment Programme's Regional Office for North America (RONA), works to ensure that UNEP global programs satisfactorily address regional needs and priorities. Projects are assigned based on skills, knowledge and interests; opportunities available in Communications, Government Affairs, Environment Research, Environment Policy, Ecosystems Management and the Scientific Technical Advisory Panel (STAP)/Global Environment Facility (GEF). Winter application deadline is October 15.
6) The Climate Institute – Winter Internship (DC) The Climate Institute seeks to inform key government and corporate decision-makers, heighten international awareness of climate change, and identify practical ways of achieving significant emissions reductions. Voluntary internships are available in Washington, DC and on a virtual basis. Apply now for winter term internships – and follow-up to educate the Institute on your availability based on the Dartmouth term calendar.
7) Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) - Nationwide The Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI) program encourages undergraduate students to pursue science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) careers by providing research experiences at the Department of Energy (DOE) National Laboratories. Winter application deadline is October 1.
8) Vermont Institute of Natural Science (VINS) – Internship (Quechee, VT) VINS provides environmental education programs for adults, families, and school children; partners with leading conservation organizations to promote environmental science field research; and operates New England’s premier avian wildlife rehabilitation clinic at the VINS Nature Center. Call to discuss potential opportunities for Winter term.
9) All Ivy Environmental & Sustainable Development Career Fair – March 1, 2013 (NY) Interested in environmental internships, full-time jobs, and career opportunities from grad school and sustainability to wind power and environmental advocacy? Mark your calendar for March 1, 2013. You’re invited.