- Editorial INTERN – Summer - Clarion Books (NY)
- International Marketing Strategy Practice – TribalVision – POST-GRAD & INTERN (MA or RI)
- Advocacy Journalism INTERN - National Education Association (DC)
- Marketing: Assistant Account Executive – Lipman Hearne – POST-GRAD (Chicago)
- Client Services INTERN – Landor (Branding) (San Fran)
- Market Research & Brand Strategy APPRENTICE - Insight Strategy Group (NY)
- Editorial Assistant - Candlewick Press – POST-GRAD (MA)
- Global Marketing & Communication Associate – APCO Worldwide POST-GRAD (DC)
- Journalism INTERNSHIP - Global Healthcare (FL)
- Editorial Assistant/Assistant Editor – The New Press – POST-GRAD (NY)
1. Editorial INTERN – Summer - Clarion Books (NY). PAID. Clarion Books is a division of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing. Participate in all aspects of children’s books publishing—from manuscript stage to finished books—and work with the editorial, design, and marketing departments. Duties include clerical work such as maintaining the archival library and editorial files, logging submissions, and some photocopying. Opportunity to correspond with authors and illustrators, sit in on editorial meetings, screen art and manuscript submissions, and write reader reports. Intern will be paid $12 @ hour/16 hrs. a week. Email (no calls please) a cover letter and resume to Anna Dobbin (D alum), Editorial Assistant, Clarion Books at Anna.Dobbin@hmhco.com DEADLINE: MAY 31
2. International Marketing Strategy Practice – TribalVision – POST-GRAD & INTERN. PAID. Choose between Cambridge, MA and Providence, RI offices. TribalVision focuses on small to mid-sized businesses. Your client base is international with regular travel to New-York City and occasionally to Europe (Brussels and/or Paris). Responsibilities include: Constructing high-level marketing materials; writing of robust marketing plans; presentation of those plans; client relationship management; strategy Implementation; project management; management of project teams. Send resume and cover letter directly to Younes Lattenist at (email@example.com) or via (http://bit.ly/YyZ9q8), mentioning "International Marketing Consultant" position in cover letter. APPLY ASAP!
3. Advocacy Journalism INTERN - National Education Association (DC) PAID. Report and write articles for EducationVotes.org, a website that engages and recruits activists in the fight for public education. Typical tasks of this position: Contribute to all aspects of article content development, from idea generation to execution to distribution. Research, report, and write articles—may include conducting interviews and traveling to local hearings, press conferences, demonstrations, and other events. Assist staff with research and site maintenance. E-mail send a Cover letter, Résumé, 3 writing samples, and 2 letters of recommendation to: Amanda Litvinov, Campaigns & Elections, 1201 16th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20036 at firstname.lastname@example.org (letters of recommendation must be mailed to the above address).
4. Marketing: Assistant Account Executive – Lipman Hearne – POST-GRAD (Chicago). Lipman Hearne helps nonprofit organizations achieve their goals through inspired marketing and communications. Work with account executives to direct and coordinate assigned project execution of client deliverables in a timely manner. The Assistant Account Executive will have a diverse range of responsibilities that include helping create plans, track budgets, develop marketing strategies, and propose other recommendations for assigned clients. Send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please http://bit.ly/18LW9uN
5. Client Services INTERN – Landor (Branding) (San Fran): Interns will learn entry-level client project management responsibilities; understand Landor's branding practices and methodologies and how to apply this knowledge in preparing presentations for both new business prospects and clients. This also includes competitive and creative brand experience audits. Interns will assist in supporting the client leaders and their teams with a myriad of tasks, including coordinating field facilities for primary research, tracking projects and writing case studies. http://bit.ly/11Ft7wP
6. Market Research & Brand Strategy APPRENTICE - Insight Strategy Group (3-6 mos.) (NY). Insight Strategy Group is a research-driven strategy firm that gets to the deeper truth of what drives people and their relationships to brands and opens possibilities for growth. Insight seeks entry-level individuals with social science and marketing backgrounds who demonstrate promise in research (e.g., academic and/or some work experience) to join it as a Market Research Associate or Apprentice and gain valuable applied qualitative and quantitative research experience. The goal in the Apprenticeship program is to identify qualified candidates who can join the team permanently. Stipend & benefits provided. http://bit.ly/10GXnkC
7. Editorial Assistant - Candlewick Press – POST-GRAD (MA). Provide administrative and editorial support to two Executive Editors. Must possess a strong interest in children's trade publishing; a motivation to learn; flexibility; a sense of humor; excellent English language skills (proofreading, spelling, grammar); and be extremely organized, attentive to details, and able to multi-task and prioritize. Familiarity with Spanish language is strongly preferred. Send resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing "Editorial Assistant".
8. Global Marketing & Communication Associate – APCO Worldwide POST-GRAD (DC). APCO Worldwide, was named the “2011 Large Agency of the Year” and one of the 'Top Places to Work in PR'. Draft copy, edit and work with designers to create marketing materials and promotional items. Manage inventory control of marketing materials and maintenance of supply distribution globally. Identify and execute advertising opportunities, track results. Assist with creation of company advertisements. Organize and coordinate APCO events. Apply ASAP ! http://bit.ly/Iwc6cl
9. Journalism INTERNSHIP - Global Healthcare (FL). The Medical Tourism Association is looking for an enthusiastic intern to contribute to the content development of our magazine and other social media channels. Duties include: Interviewing potential authors for the magazine; Contributing to the writing for the news and educational content of the magazine and newsletters; Assisting in distribution databases, add new distribution contacts; Writing content for blogs and other social media channels. Send resume and cover letter to Cristina Cardona at: email@example.com
10.Editorial Assistant/Assistant Editor – The New Press – POST-GRAD (NY). Transmit/track status of New Press manuscripts heading into production. Maintain editorial department files. Write Title Information sheets, catalog copy, and jacket/back cover copy for selected titles. Work collaboratively with all other departments through the publication phase of each book. Read proposals and manuscripts and prepare editorial memos. Correspond as needed with authors and/or their representatives. http://bit.ly/12vBebS
*Paid Fall intern also.
More resources at COMMUNICATION Career Field: http://bit.ly/SHIPjI
>>To make an Appointment with a Career Advisor, call 646-2215