- DOCUMENTARY FILM – NYC - Social Media/Video Editing/Research & Design INTERNS
- FRANCE - Branding & Advertising – INTERNSHIP
- WPP Marketing Fellowship (Three 1-yr.) – POST-GRAD
- BrainJuicer - Market Research INTERN
- Multicultural Advertising Summer INTERN Program
- FILM - Directors’ Guild of America - Assistant Directors Paid Training Program
- CAREER CONVERSATION - “JOURNALISM NEEDS YOU!"
- Huffington Post – Community Apprentice Program - POST-GRAD
- Associated Press (AP) – Google Journalism & Technology Scholarship $$
- Editorial Assistant – Music – W.W. Norton Publishing - POST-GRAD
1) DOCUMENTARY FILM – NYC - Social Media/Video Editing/Research & Design INTERNS: Priority Productions (NYC) – Howard Weinberg (D alum) has been a producer/director and executive producer of notable public television and commercial television programs. He advises other filmmakers as a script-doctor. His company Priority Productions, Inc. began the TV LAB project as an educational documentary to inspire young artists, journalists and filmmakers by showing them the video history that changed the face of television. For the Winter, Spring and Summer terms. * See DartBoard - NIC Shared Internship Database for full description.
2) FRANCE - Branding & Advertising – INTERNSHIP Lighthouse, located at Neuilly-sur-Seine, specializes in the luxury & entertainment sectors with a focus on brand strategy and development, Clients roster includes: Braun, Calvin Klein, Nikki Beach, Elite World, Lalique, Moët & Chandon, Rizon Jet (GSSG Holdings), Estée Lauder, Piper Heidsieck Seeking a 3-6 month intern. Must be proficient in French Work with international creative teams (strategic planning, copywriter, artistic directors, etc) on (new) brand and communication platforms. Focus on selected high profile Film Festivals including Cannes, Deauville and Toronto. Email your Resume (with a photo) & Cover letter to: email@example.com
3) WPP Marketing Fellowship (Three 1-yr.) – POST-GRAD: Rotate through WPP companies, (branding, marketing, advertising, direct marketing, media investment, public relations, etc) in various international and national locations. DEADLINE: NOV. 10, 2012 http://bit.ly/Q8lG7W
4) BrainJuicer - Market Research INTERN: Have a passion for psychology, marketing and understanding consumer behavior? BrainJuicer an innovative, award winning, unconventional market research agency in Chicago. Work with some of the world's top advertisers in food and beverage, consumer packaged goods, financial services and electronics. As part of the BrainJuicer research team you will directly contribute to delivering high quality, innovative and insightful research solutions to clients. As an intern you will support research teams, working close with Senior Research Executives, Research Executives and Research Associates. $10 @ HOUR. *Send your Resume and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Multicultural Advertising Summer Intern Program (10 weeks) : Work at prestigious advertising agencies on various accounts, interact with advertising professionals on a day-to-day basis, and gain valuable professional credential that can help better position themselves in the marketplace. DEADLINE: NOV. 1, 2012 http://bit.ly/T8RBUd
6) FILM - Directors’ Guild of America - Assistant Directors Paid Training Program – (400 days. L.A.): Obtain motion picture and television industry training as directed by the Alliance of Motion Picture & Television Producers and the Directors Guild of America. DEADLILNE: NOV. 5, 2012 http://bit.ly/SU3wVa
7) CAREER CONVERSATION - “JOURNALISM NEEDS YOU!": OCT. 26 (Fri) @ 3:30 PM in Career Services
Guest: Joe Mathewson – Professor of Journalism - Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism ; Trustee Emeritus (Background in law and ethics, and business reporting and writing)
R.S.V.P. REQUIRED by NOON on OCT. 25: http://bit.ly/HM2Z23
8 ) Huffington Post – Community Apprentice Program (6 mos.) POST-GRAD: This intensive apprentice program helps develop your skills through a rotation of assignments working with a variety of editors in community engagement, social media, moderation, breaking news. Based in New York. http://huff.to/TCfkBq
9) Associated Press (AP) – Google Journalism & Technology Scholarship: This new program, managed by the Online News Association, will provide $20,000 scholarships to 6 promising undergraduate or graduate students pursuing or planning to pursue degrees at the intersection of journalism, computer science and new media. The program, funded by the Associated Press and Google, is targeted to individual students creating innovative projects that further the ideals of digital journalism. A key goal is to promote geographic, gender and ethnic diversity, with an emphasis on rural and urban areas. DEADLINE: FEB. 8, 2013 http://bit.ly/VVp4aS
10) Editorial Assistant – Music – W.W. Norton Publishing - POST-GRAD: The Editorial Assistant to support an editor of college and trade music books. Includes management of manuscripts, interaction with authors, administrative and data management and auditing. http://bit.ly/Q27wmB
Check out the COMMUNICATION Career Link at http://bit.ly/SHIPjI
To make an Appointment with a Career Advisor, call 646-2215.