Employer: International Conservation Caucus Foundation - Arlington, VA
Job Type: Gov't Affairs
Description: The Capitol Hill Outreach Fellow will be responsible for helping with program coordination, distribution of materials, event planning, office needs and general office and field projects. Applicants are strongly considered for full time employment following a successful fellowship.
You will: Interact with Members of Congress, Heads of State, Ambassadors,Administration Officials in formal settings Work with Congressional Staff to coordinate events held on Capitol Hill, corporate offices and federal agencies. Work with federal, corporate and scientific community to highlight sustainable conservation programs. Assist in providing education programs and tools to policy makers. Assist with development and distribution of publications and outreach materials. Assist with general office work.
- Willingness to help with a variety of programs and tasks
- Excellent manners
- Well organized and self-motivated
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and projects, and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be polite andassertive simultaneously on the phone
- Proven ability to work with a team, but capable of working independently
- Prefer recent graduates, college juniors or seniors are acceptable .
- Exposure to Capitol Hill, corporations, NGOs, embassies and federal agencies.
- Opportunityto personally meet government leaders from multiple nations, congressmen, CEOs and ambassadors
- Training in office management skills, program administration, publications development and writing, grant research and writing, public relations and outreach.
- Opportunities to develop professional skills by being given mission critical responsibilities
- Career prospect in a growing organization
- This is a paid internship.
Bachelors degree and prior office experience required.
Capitol Hill experience is preferred.
Hours: 40-50+ Hrs/wk
Length/Availability: 4 Months
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com