October is National Arts & Humanities Month, a coast-to-coast collective recognition of the importance of culture in America. It is designed to encourage all Americans to explore new facets of the arts and humanities in their lives, and to begin a lifelong habit of active participation in the arts and humanities.
1. Elias Arts: Audio communications, branding and strategy firm 2. Christie's Education | London Masters degrees in Art History Graduate Program - 10/18/11 at 12:30 PM in Collis 221 3. For Students from LA: Los Angeles County Arts Commission 4. For Seniors: Orchestra Management Fellowship Program 5. Multicultural Arts Management Internship Program (NYC) 6. Internship Opportunities (NYC) 7. Random Facts FYI for Dartmouth Students --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Elias Arts: Audio communications, Branding and Strategy firm New York, NY: *Unpaid Winter or Spring Audio Branding Intern
Deadline to apply via DartBoard: Oct. 16 no later than 11:59PM Job Description: The internship position encompasses assisting the Audio Branding team with all departmental aspects, with a focus on helping create brand-based Audio Identity Systems; delving into brand strategy and marketplace opportunities; and assisting with business development analysis, as well as infrastructure organization and maintenance. www.eliasarts.com
**Apply through DartBoard no later than 11:59 PM
2. Christie's Education | London Masters degrees in Art History Graduate Program
- 10/18/11 at 12:30 PM in Collis 221
An international team of dedicated art-world experts, academics and practitioners, who are committed to educating and inspiring the next generation of art-world professionals, have been brought together in London, New York and Hong Kong. All our students have access to resources and staff of Christie's Auction House. Our full-time courses in London and New York allow students to explore the many museums and galleries located there and special study trips to Europe, USA, and China are included as part of these courses. In Hong Kong, innovative new courses act as an introduction to the art world in all its aspects, allowing participants to get a taste of the many different areas of study available at Christie's Education internationally.
To RSVP to this event: http://www.wejoinin.com/sheets/mmiwp.
For more information about the programme: http://www.christies.edu/index.html
3. For Students from LA: Los Angeles County Arts Commission
The purpose of the County's program is to provide undergraduate students with meaningful on-the-job training and experience in working in nonprofit arts organizations, while assisting arts organizations to develop future arts leaders.
Students eligible for internship positions must be currently enrolled undergraduate college students who reside or attend college in Los Angeles County. Students must have completed at least one semester of college by June 1, 2011 or will complete their undergraduate degree by September 1, 2011 in order to be eligible to participate.
4. For Seniors: Orchestra Management Fellowship Program
The Orchestra Management Fellowship Program is the League’s premier leadership training program. This year-long, highly competitive program is designed to launch executive careers in orchestra management. Since its inception, the Orchestra Management Fellowship Program has graduated approximately 175 fellows, many of whom hold leadership positions in our nation’s orchestras.
5. Multicultural Arts Management Internship Program (NYC)
The Multicultural Arts Management Internship program was created to promote diversity in arts management careers and to provide young people who have an interest in a career in either the arts or business with a hands-on introduction to work in the business fields of the nonprofit arts sector…..Arts organizations serving as intern hosts represent a range of disciplines, including music, dance, theater, visual arts, museums, and arts services. Business mentors hold numerous professional occupations but share a common passion for the arts and desire to guide a young person in his/her pursuits.
6. Internship Opportunities (NYC)
The Internship Program offers undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to investigate and participate in the operations of a leading service organization dedicated to building mutually-beneficial partnerships between the arts and business communities. Interns become integral members of our team and are expected to participate in daily activities, contribute skills and ideas, and produce excellent work, all the while preparing to become the next generation of arts, nonprofit, and cultural leaders.
7. Random Facts FYI for Dartmouth Students Dartmouth Career Network (DCN) has the following:
- 23 Alum in Non-Profit: Arts/Entertainment
- 101 Arts/Entertainment in California alone!
- 621 Arts/Entertainment Alums in the DCN
- 2 Arts/Entertainment Alums in Idaho
- 9 Arts/Entertainment Alums in Washington State.
You should check it out to see what other facts you can find out and the alums that you can connect with!
Internship Survey Database:
- 41 Arts/Entertainment internship responses
Come to the Career Services Office (63 So Main Street, 2nd Floor) and see what types of internships Dartmouth students have had in the past in the Arts & Entertainment Field!